Until one actually visits Delhi for a vacation and/or sightseeing trip, one will never fully appreciate why Delhi is the capital city of the country. It’s an absolutely marvelous city and the sights and accommodations will ensure that you and your friends will never have a single dull moment throughout the course of your trip.
Delightful Accommodations in New Delhi
Tourism is taken pretty seriously in India’s capital, so it’s no surprise that there are some lovely hotels and homestays to pick from. A straight in check up once you land in the city is possible, of course. But it would be infinitely wiser to book a hotel and rooms in advance before you decide to hop on a flight and land there. It isn’t a joke to say that New Delhi is thriving and buzzing with life and that plenty of people from all over the world come here on vacations and trips. So you could save yourself a lot of trouble by just booking your hotels in advance.
On that note, let’s skip to some awesome hotels you can stay in to make your trip complete!
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place is a gorgeous place to stay, with saunas, Jacuzzis and a wonderful ambience making up the whole package. It’s a great place to unwind and relax once you return to your rooms after a day out in the city.
Also check out one of the best Hotel in South Delhi (Hotel GTC) which is yet another, fabulously luxurious hotel you and your friends would have a grand time staying in during your trip to New Delhi. The amenities are lovely, as is the ambience, rooms, and service. You can also be sure that you’re getting the best value for your money here! Plus the location of this nice Hotel is in Greater Kailash which makes it a nice option for couples looking for nice hotel to stay for short stays.
Cabs are New Delhi’s Magic Carpets
New Delhi is a big place with a lot of people and a lot to see. So your best mode of transport here is without doubt a cab. There are many cabs available for hire in Delhi (like Ola Cabs, for example) that you can even book online. You can easily hire all-day cabs as well to ensure you have a ride ready at any stop you want to make and at any time!
There are a few places in Delhi that you must see:
- The India Gate is a memorial for the brave soldiers who perished in the Afghan Wars and World War I, their names inscribed into the stone for an eternity of remembrance.
- Chandini Chowk is an “old Delhi” market place that was established by Shah Jahan; a real blast from the past.
- The Qutab Minar is a soaring red sandstone tower that is a testament to old architecture. The intricate carvings and layout of the Qutab Minar is one worthy of admiration and awe.
- The Lotus Temple was built to resemble a white lotus and is an absolutely beautiful work of architecture. Even if you don’t go inside, simply seeing it will be enough to brand the experience in your memory forever.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan is another example of the old world architecture that inspires admiration even today. The style of architecture is a mixture of Mughal-Indian and European designs, and is a majestically regal structure that stands firm even today.
In all seriousness, you would practically be committing a crime if you left before seeing these places at least once!
Markets and Malls in New Delhi for the Shopaholic
Chandini Chowk, is an old style Delhi market that you can enjoy shopping in just as if you’d gone back in time. There are bunch of marketplaces here and the one of the most popular markets is the M-Block Market in Greater Kailash I, the Connaught Place Market which will give you the best street shopping experience. Another market that you can browse around all day for bargain-worthy treasures is the Khan Market.
If you are looking forward to hang around in a malls, Select City Wald or DLF Prominade in Saket will be your ideal choice. The sprawling mall has so many labels to choose from that you can go crazy shopping for all the things you love. Even window shopping or admiring the fabulous interiors gives a different feel altogether. A range of connected restaurants at the mall will cure any hunger cravings you may have while you shop. The DLF Promenade Mall is said to be the fashion destination for shoppers and is yet another great shopping experience for visitors in Saket, New Delhi.
In short, New Delhi is just the right place to have a blast with your friends!